INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT) DEPARTMENT
The department offers information technology services to all functional divisions and department of the Electoral Commission. It provides technical and administrative support services essentially for the management of the Information Technology functions of the Commission within the framework of a carefully designed integrated data processing system.
- Provides inputs for the formulation of policies;
- Ensures the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of information technology programmes and data management of the Commission;
- Ensures the effective development and implementation of strategies, standards, guidelines, procedures and processes on IT programmes and activities of the Commission;
- Ensures the overall functioning of IT systems;
- Ensures the development and maintenance of IT infrastructure of the Commission;
- Provides inputs for the conduct of negotiations on IT service level agreement with service providers;
- Ensures the development of an effective and efficient IT security system;
- Provides advice and guidelines on the acquisition, allocation, maintenance, utilization, valuation and disposal of IT equipment of the Commission;
- Ensures close collaboration with relevant stakeholders in the management of IT systems of the Commission;
- Ensures collaboration with relevant stakeholders on database management interface on the Commission’s systems;
- Ensures the development and maintenance of the website of the Commission;
- Ensures an efficient, effective and sustainable operations the Commission’s automated system and its integrity.
RESEARCH, MONITORING AND EVALUATION DEPARTMENT